Chickens, like all other types of poultry, are prone to infection. But during breeding it is important to know the types of diseases of chickens and how they should be properly treated. Particularly relevant is the disease coccidiosis in chickens and chickens. It can in a few days lead to the death of a large number of bird stock.
Therefore, to avoid these troubles, the poultry farmer needs to know the symptoms of coccidiosis in chickens, turkey poults, broilers and adult chickens, treatment rules, and most importantly drugs that can cure birds from infection. But first things first.
Signs and symptoms of coccidiosis
To begin with, let's look at what coccidosis is in birds. This is an infectious disease that is often found in the poultry industry. The causative agents of infection are coccidia. They enter the body of birds through food, water, equipment. There are several types of pathogens for this infection. In chickens, coccidiosis causes one type of bacterium, Eimeria Tenella.
But you should pay attention to the following signs and symptoms of coccidosis in chickens:
- Poor appetite or no appetite.;
- Modification of plumage;
- Laying hens begin to lay less eggs or completely cease to nest;
- Fecal masses acquire a liquid consistency, foam and blood impurities appear;
- Carcasses of birds acquire a bluish tint.
These symptoms last 4 days, and then the birds die. In chickens, the stomach is in a swollen state and is filled with liquid feces with red dots. It is worth paying attention to another symptom - the processes in the intestine. They look like an inflated glove.Coccidiosis Chicken
How to treat
If chickens have these symptoms, then it is safe to say that individuals have coccidiosis. In this case immediately start treating coccidosis in chickens and chickens. Treat coccidiosis can be different drugs, each of them affects the infectious agents and as a result leads to their death.
Consider the types of drugs that treat coccidiosis.
Koktsidiovit: instructions for use
We analyze the instructions to the drug. This drug is suitable for treating juveniles and for chickens. With coccidiosis, the drug is highly effective. The main components of the product are 120 mg of amprolium hydrochloride., 10,000 E of vitamin A and 2 mg of vitamin K affect the infectious agents, stop their development and eventually die.
When signs of coccidiosis appear, the drug is used according to the following scheme:
- For prophylaxis - 1.25 grams of the drug is added to 1 kilogram of pure feed. Everything is mixed up;
- For treatment 2.5 grams of the medicine is added to 1 kilogram of feed. Everything mixes well;
The duration of prevention and treatment is 7 days. Slaughter of birds is carried out on the 7th day after the last dose of the medicineTreatment of adult coccidiosis
Coccidiostatics: treatment for poultry and broilers
Coccidiostatics are medicines used to treat coccidiosis in poultry. These funds are added to the feed of chickens and chickens. When drugs enter the body of birds, the active ingredients have a suppressive effect on the pathogens of the disease and, as a result, stop their development.
Coccidiostatics include the following drugs:
- Avatek 15%;
- Aviaks 5%;
- Koktsisan 12%;
- Nicarmyx 25%.
This agent has a broad effect on coccidia. The composition contains the active ingredient lasalocid sodium 15%. It is used for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis.
How to apply:
- 0.5 grams of powder per kilogram of feed. Everything is mixed and given for preventive purposes;
- 1 gram per kilogram of food during coccidiosis treatments.
The course of treatment and prevention is 5 days.
This tool refers to ionophoric glucoside coccidiostats with a broad spectrum of action on coccidia coccidiosis in poultry. The active ingredient means - Semduramycin 5%. It is used to prevent and treat coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
Mode of application:
- For prophylaxis - 0.5 gram of the drug is added to 1 kg of feed;
- During treatment - per 1 kg of feed is added 1 gram of the product.
The course of prevention and treatment is 5 days.Adding Medicines for Coccidiosis to Birds Food
The tool has a wide impact on coccidia. It is used for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in adult chickens and chickens. The active ingredient - toluamide has a suppressive effect on coccidiosis pathogens.
How to apply to chickens and chickens:
- During prophylaxis - 0.5 gram of the product is added to 1 kg of feed and mixed. Feed the bird with this mixture throughout the day;
- During treatment - 1 gram of the preparation is added to 1 kilogram of feed. Everything is well mixed, the mixture is given throughout the day.
The course of treatment from 5 to 7 days.
The drug is used for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in poultry. Available in powder form with fine-grained structure. The color of the powder is light brown. The active ingredient is salinomycin sodium. The main component suppresses and stops the development of coccidia.
How to apply:
- For prophylaxis - 60-120 mg of the drug should be added to 1 kg of the feed mixture;
- During treatment - 120 mg of the drug is added per kilogram of feed.
Feed mixture with medication is given throughout the day. The next day, the medicine feed is not used, a new one is being prepared.
The course of treatment and prevention - 5-7 days.
You may also be interested to know:
- Symptoms and treatment of diseases of broilers.
- How to care for laying hens at home.
- What to feed the chickens from the first days of life to grow healthy chickens.
This tool has the appearance of powder, it is poorly soluble in water. The color of the powder is grayish white or grayish brown. The active substance is ammonium muduramycin. The main component has a suppressive effect on the development of coccidia. It has a wide effect on coccdiose pathogens at different stages. Used for the prevention and treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
How to apply:
- During prophylaxis - 0.5 gram of the drug is added to 1 kg of feed. Food is mixed with medication and given throughout the day;
- During the treatment period - 0.5-1 gram of the product is added to 1 kg of feed. All components are thoroughly mixed. The mixture is given throughout the day.
The course of treatment and prevention lasts from 5 days to 7 days.
Nicarmyx 25% is a chemical coccidiostatic with a wide range of effects. Available in the form of granules with a yellow color with a faint odor. The active ingredient is nicarbazine 25%. The active ingredient acts on the causative agents of coccidiosis and causes their death. The drug is used to treat coccidiosis in chickens and chickens.
How to apply:
- During prophylaxis - 0.5 gram of the drug is added to 1 kg of feed. Everything is mixed up and given throughout the day;
- During treatment - 0.5-1 gram of the drug is added to 1 kilogram of feed. Everything is mixed and given throughout the day.
For chickens, a remedy is given for prophylaxis, starting from the first day of life and in the subsequent period of cultivation. In addition to the treatment of coccidiosis, the drug enhances the immune system and the protective properties of the body of chicks.
The course of treatment and prevention - 4-7 days.
Koktsiprodin: use at home
Coccidrodine is used to prevent and treat coccidiosis in poultry. The drug, entering the body of the bird, affects coccidia and leads to a change in the microstructure of the organism of the pathogens. The drug is used at different stages., while it kills bacteria and does not adversely affect the immunity of the bird.
Available in clear solution with a light yellow or dark yellow color. Has a peculiar smell. During the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens and chickens, medicine is given along with the water. At 1 liter of water is added 1 ml of pure solution. Water with a solution watered during the day. The course of treatment is 2 days; in severe conditions, treatment is recommended to be increased to 5 days.
The drug is widely used for the prevention and treatment of coccidiosis in chickens, chickens and broilers. During treatment and prophylaxis, the remedy is given with water.
The drug is diluted in water in the following dosages - 1 ml of 2.5% of the drug is added to 1 liter of water and mixed. The solution is given to a sick bird for 2 days. In severe forms, treatment is extended to 5 days.
Coccidiosis in broiler chickens is particularly dangerous. The causative agents of the disease - coccidia, develop and multiply in the intestines of individuals and lead to the death of epithelial cells. As a result, the integrity of the intestinal wall structure is disturbed, and necrosis occurs. Further, there is a violation of peristalsis and absorption, in the end it causes a lack of nutrients and leads to hungry edema.
In these conditions, 2-3 days are sufficient for full maturation of the pathogen. The causes of the appearance of the disease is a change of feed, stressful situations. That is why it is important to know how and what to treat coccidiosis in chickens.
Coccidiosis is dangerous for broilers, especially for young stock. The course of the disease is fast and in a few days it affects a large number of individuals. The development of bacteria occurs in the intestine and in 2-3 days the amount of coccidia can reach up to several thousand. As a result, the bird becomes sluggish, its appetite is lost, the structure of the feathers is disturbed.I. Nutrient absorption is disturbed, it all leads to hungry edema and death of broilers.
Sources of infection can be insects, people, tools. Treatment of coccidiosis in broilers should be carried out as quickly as possible.Patients with coccidiosis chickens
Features in adult chickens
In chickens, coccidiosis is caused by pathogens, Eimeria tenella. Pathogens enter the intestines of birds along with contaminated feed or water. For 2-3 days they affect the intestinal mucosa. The result is bloating, the formation of necrosis and hemorrhage. In the body of individuals nutrients are no longer absorbed, there is an accumulation of harmful substances that cause complete poisoning of the body.
Together with the feces of the sick bird come out the oocyststhat gets to feed, water, bedding. As a result, oocysts are eaten by other healthy individuals, and the disease spreads to all poultry. As a result, individuals completely die.
Be sure to remember the following recommendations, which are carried out during prophylaxis for coccidiosis:
- Due to the fact that low temperatures and environmental conditions do not affect coccidia, walls and work tools better burn a soldering iron, it will ensure the complete destruction of pathogens;
- Litter for birds should always be in dry condition;
- In the feed you need to add saltcrushed seashells. These components will prevent the occurrence of infection;
- Vaccination against coccidiosis. It strengthens the immune system and increases the body's resistance to infections, including coccidiosis.
Coccidiosis in chickens and chickens is a serious infectious disease that affects individuals over a short period. The disadvantage of this infection is that in the initial stages it doesn’t show itself at all, sometimes it is possible not to know about the presence of this disease in chickens and chickens.Vaccination of Chickens for Coccidiosis
Therefore, it is better to secure your bird farm in advance. Starting from the first day of life, chicks should be prevented with anti-coccidiosis drugs. Prevention will help prevent the disease, as well as strengthen the immune system and increase the body's resistance to coccidiosis.. Now you know about the treatment of coccidiosis in chickens at home and do your best to save your bird.