Siberian early ripening is a determinant, early ripening and high-yielding variety. Tomatoes. It was bred in 1959 by crossing the variety "Hybrid 114" with "Hybrid 534/1". Although the variety is considered old, it remains a favorite for many gardeners. Consider the main characteristics and description of the early Siberian.
Description and characteristics of early varieties Siberian early
Tomato Siberian early ripening - early and undersized plant.
Description and characteristics:
- The harvest ripens on 110 day from shoots.
- The bush is short, grows up to 80 cm.
- Low-ribbed fruits, round or flat-round, bright red color, weighing up to 110 grams.
- The number of sockets from 5 to 12.
- Suitable for planting, both in the open and in the ground.
- The variety is early ripening, it grows ideally under any climatic conditions.
- High-yielding variety.
- Well transported.
The fruits of "tricks" stored in closed boxes. Laying produce stalks up. Selected tomatoes must be clean and dry. In such conditions, tomatoes retain their freshness for up to 2 months.Early and undersized variety, high-yielding, well transported
Tomato growing methods
Grow tomatoes Siberian early possible in open and closed ground. To harvest high yields, it is necessary to grow healthy seedlings.
- To obtain strong seedlings and for the prevention of various diseases, the seeds must first be soaked for 30 minutes in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, washed and dried.
- To increase the yield of the bush, the seeds are treated with a solution of Ambion or Etin.
- The prepared seed is planted in nutrient soil and covered with foil. At observance of temperature condition, shoots appear in a week.
- Young seedlings need warmth and watering (only after the top layer has dried).
- Watering is made from the spray.
- When two, three true leaves appear, the seedlings swoop into different pots.
- To strengthen the plant, it must be hardened. To do this, it is exposed to fresh air for 5-10 minutes.
To plant seedlings in two ways:
- in open ground Hardened seedlings are planted at the age of 2 months, at the end of May and beginning of July (depending on the region of residence), in order to eliminate the threat of spring frosts. Tomatoes are planted according to the scheme: the interval between the bushes 60-70 cm and 30-40 cm - between the furrows. After planting, the plant is shed with warm, settled water. Inflorescences are formed after the appearance of six sheets;
- in closed ground seedlings planted in mid-April. In greenhouse conditions, the bush grows up to 80 cm, and therefore all plants need a support and a garter. The garter of the bush provides uniform illumination and protection from plant breakage. The garter is made only under the branch with the fruits. The optimum temperature for a good harvest is +22 - +24 degrees.
In the open ground, the fruits grow larger and juicy, but the yield is much lower than in the greenhouse.
During planting seedlings, to obtain a rich harvest, 10 grams of superphosphate must be applied to each well.
Fertilize bushes 2-3 times per seasonalternating mineral and organic supplements. Of organics, Siberian tomatoes for early ripening, mullein, chicken droppings or green manure are considered the best feeding.
To prevent burns fertilizers are applied only after careful watering of the plant..The best feed are considered mullein, chicken manure or green manure.
During growth, tomato is very important regular watering. warm and settled water, and during ripening watering is reduced. Watering is best done in the evening or early in the morning.
Diseases and pests of "ticking"
Siberian early tomato resistant to various diseases and viruses. However, when growing tomatoes, there is a risk to encounter such diseases as:
- late blight. Treatment consists of treating plants with fungicides or 10% solution of table salt;
- sulfur rot. You can get rid of it with the help of fungicides and triazole preparations;
- Fusarium and Alternaria. It is treated with fungicides.
This tomato is ideal for pickling, preserving, mashing, juice, sauce, tomato paste., ketchup, salads and even jam. Tastes are good.
In the XIX century, tomatoes were grown as a houseplant on the window. In England, they were on a par with greenhouse plants, and in France they served as decor for decorative arbors.
Though early Siberian is considered old, it remains very reliable and in demand, as well as a favorite variety for most summer residents.
The variety has many advantages: